Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'll teach you how to jump on the wind's back, and then away we go.

It's 2something in the morning and I'm watching Peter Pan for the second time this week. I get into this pa(n)ttern every few months where I watch Peter Pan, in one form or another, at least once a week. I'm usually partial to the live one they put out around 2005, or Hook....tonight it's the Disney version. When I was a little lass, I wanted to be Pan's trusty sidekick, Tink. I wanted to be the girl he went on adventures with, who fought by his side. Now that I'm an old wretched semi-adult, I'm kinda partial to the Wendy-lady. As much as Peter loves Tinkerbell, she's not the one who got the acorn. I want the acorn. If only there was a way to be both. Did that make sense?? I babble when I'm sleepy.

Anyway, Saturday I went on a roadtrip with Uncle Hitt & Co. We hopped in his little Sentra and drove up to see Four Year Strong at The Palladium in Worcester. It was nuts. Kids in the pit were going crazy and there were at least 50 people watching from the stage. As an added bonus, I got to see my favorite Boston Bitches. Horrah!




Today, Vipes & I went to the Guggenheim. It was so inspiring. To be this close from the brush strokes in a Van Gogh or Renoir is super trippy. I just kinda stared at most of the paintings in awe. Seeing every little line and imagining what the painter was thinking about when he created a specific piece, and then where it is today, makes all the little wheels in my brain spin in my brain like The Scrambler.

Here's to 2009.
Happy Hogmanay
<3

No comments: