Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's always sunny in philadelphia

I ventured in to a little store in Philly when I was there last month and fell in love with all the stuff on the wall. There were tons of super cool dia de la muerte chachki's everywhere. I wanted to scoop them all up, but i'm poor, so the only thing that made it out of the store with me was this photo.


This would be last years decorated xmas tree...2008's will be 7 times better. I like our tree bc it's eclectic. There are tons of ornaments from all different times & places hanging from it, like a 7-8 foot tall scrapbook. My favorite piece to stick on the tree is this big ball from 1985 which has all the Muppets on it, that i've claimed as my own. Up until a few years ago, whenever we did the tree, Shannon would complain that there were no "baby's first christmas" ornaments for her and that she needed therapy bc everyone loved me more than her because i was the first born and had 6. So back in 2005, I decided I had had it up to here with all her whining and put "Operation Baby's First Christmas" in to action. This entailed emailing everyone in my family and having them buy and send her an ornament to open on Christmas morning. The look on her face was priceless when she figured out what was going on (especially when she opened mine - i bought her a little black baby boy sleeping in a swan ornament) and it made decorating the tree in 06 a much more pleasant experience.

edit: here's the Muppet ball & Shannon & her favorite ornament.


2 comments:

ah-maeve-ing said...

what store in philly?

ohnoashleycat said...

umm i'm not 100% sure. It was on south street down by the building that has a zipper w/ants on it. hope that helps!