Monday, December 15, 2008

Is that a polar bear directing traffic down there?

How many entires have i started off complaining about my stomach? I am a glutton for punishment. Oh, whoa is me. Tonight we went for a lovely Wormer dinner (sans Rocks, enter sad face here) at The Heartland Brewery. I caved when i saw how delicious things looked on the menu. Burgers! Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls stuffed with Blue Cheese! Beer! Ice Cream! I didn't care the pain it would cause me later, i wanted it alllllll. Fast forward 5 hours and I want to barf over every single Christmas decoration that's in my house. Self Control Fail.

Other than the gurgling in my tum tum, Wormer dinner was absolutely, posatootly, lovely. We walked up to 30 Rock to see the Tree, the windows at Lord & Taylor & Saks and the snowflake light show.
Once we were done pushing our way through the masses, we crossed the street and went over to St. Patrick's Cathedral and lit some candles.
I came home and watched a couple hours of fine programing on TLC, with Mom. I got to see that great documentary on Shiloh Pepin, the mermaid girl, again. I want to take little Shiloh under my wing and play older sister to her. My favorite quote of hers and new words to live by are "I can be anything i want when i grow up. I can be an actress, I can be a princess....I can be anything, there's just so much to choose from." You are so right, Shiloh. So right.

Also this weekend, we headed back to the Crazy Donkey for the first time since 2006, on Friday. When coworkers asked me what my plans were for the evening, and i told them where i was going, they'd ask "Who's playing?" To which i replied "oh no no...we're going for a friends sister's 21st bday." That's when I started seeing a lot of confusion on the faces of mis compadres. If you are unaware, as soon as we all turned 21, the girls & i would go to the Donkey on a weekly basis. Never ever will i forget the time we showed up on Harley Davidson night. We were the only ones not dressed in black leather, but figured since we were out, we'd try to make the best of it. Ali took it to the next level after we met a couple of dudes (one of which told me probably the most inappropriate joke i have ever been told in my entire life, beginning with the question "How much skin does it take to cover your vagina?") and made out with a fine young man, sporting a Jack Daniels mesh hat, named Mickey. EHHLLLLLL. You can only imagine what goes through my head whenever Toni Basil's one hit begins to play anywhere. I think that was probably the night we realized we could no longer hang out there and hung up our disco shoes. Friday turned out to be a blasty blast though, and i have every intention to return somewhat soon.

Dad & I Put up the Christmas lights up on Saturday. This is my favorite holiday tradition bc it's the one activity me & dad do together, aside from watching the Sci-Fi Channel. I love it, even if he tells me over and over again, every year, "Only 3 strands per extension cord." You'd think he'd know that i got it by now. I decided to rebel and plugged 4 sets of lights together somewhere along the way. =0/ Here's hoping the house doesn't explode.

ok that's it, but i leave you with this...What the F happened to Judy from The Santa Clause? Does anyone know? If i was Michael K and this was dlisted.com, Judy would be named Hot Slut Of The Week. I always wanted to try her hot chocolate. That mug that she served it in looked so fancy & shit.

No comments: