Monday, January 5, 2009

This is the start of something good...


...but you have to follow through.

Oh Dear God...I just quoted Gavin DeGraw. Hold on to your pants because it's all down hill from here. Next thing ya know, I'll be slipping back in to my Birkenstock's, doing shots of wheat grass and quoting lines from that Daniel Powder song, "Bad Day."
In all honesty though,
A. Gavin DeGraw is one of my guilty pleasures - in fact, I've had many a sing-a-longs with one Doug Neumann to classics such as "I Don't Want To Be" and "Chariot", and if you judge me for this, I will track you down and take away all of your mothers Josh Grobin cd's. Then she'll cry. You want that on your plate?
and
2. I have a point. "Following Through" is my new years resolution. Boo! Hiss!!! Yes, we're talking about it...for the first time since I can remember, I've made a resolution and I intend to stick with it. I like to challenge myself. For example, I occasionally like to see how long i can go with out having a beer or showering, so I figured it was time for a new "test" and it coincidently fell congruently with New Years. This means when I make plans, or hear of some thing I want to do, or if I want to go somewhere, or come up with a brilliant idea, I will stick to my guns and follow through. So far I've already gone ice skating (alone - which really isn't as sad as it sounds) and paint balling (which is totally as painful as it sounds). This weekend, I'm planning on going to the Icecapades - because really - there's nothing better than grownups ice skating in Disney costumes (especially since I've given up on grown men who make a mockery of the ice in blue, white & orange jerseys).

Anyway, Happy New Year. Hope you had a good one. Break was nice. I got really used to waking up around 2 and watching The OC till 5. Ahhh The Good Life. Other then the activities previously listed and a few other things here & there, I caught up on some movies: Tropic Thunder (SO BAD), PS I Love You (SO SAD), I Am Legend (eh), Seven Pounds (another tear jerker that kinda made me feel bad about my life), and Yes Man (not Jim Carrey's best work, but it was better than the Truman Show). It felt nice to be back at work today. I caught a glimpse of the new AP which has a picture of We The Kings I took in it. (i took the little pic at the bottom left corner, too!)
Here's the same pic, reworked a little bit:

Enjoy(?) some more pics from my land camera.
It was so cold at the beach, my film cracked. ehhhllll.

Dear Sugardaddy,
Please buy me this camera. If you'd like to throw in the digital format back, i won't object ;0)
Love you forever.
xxoo, ash

No comments: