Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Knock, Knock! Who's there?

Strep Throat!
ha!ha!ha! Funny, right?
How 'bout no, Scott.
I've been strep free since '93 when I developed an allergic reaction to penicillin and pretty much every other medication under the sun used to treat it. I have lasted 16 long years without catching this dreaded infection and fearing what would happen if I did. I pictured my demise would be something like that of a character in Oregon Trail. My throat had been feeling like gar-bage for the past couple days and so I came to the conclusion that this was not something ice cream alone would fix. When Dr. Kaplan gave me my diagnosis this morning, it was like one of my worst fears had sprung to life. (Thankfully it was not the zombie one - that would have just been horrible. and messy.) HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??? ugh, here's to enjoying a Z-Pack, that will leave my stomach writhing in pain, for the next couple days.

So after getting back from the doctor, I set up shop in my bed and answered emails while I watched How I Met Your Mother (if i loved Jason Segel before, i love him even more now) and The OC.I bought about $53 worth of music on iTunes today. I blame my antibiotics....
I decided that I want to be an Elvis fan in 2009, so thanks to my "following through" resolution, a bunch of songs were added to my library. Also, because of the Boardy Barn flashbacks I had this morning, I purchased some of my favorite drinking songs - IE: "Hey Baby" by Bruce Channel & the remix by Crazy Frog. Budgeting is really working!
Tonights pictures have nothing to do with anything. They're old & I took them at a fair in Levittown the night I realized I was no longer into the dude that I was seeing at the time. And on that note, I'm going to bed.

<3

No comments: