Wednesday, May 28, 2008

parades make me cry like a baby.

coincidently, my niece, who is 2, did not cry.

I found this out in 2002 during a trip to Disney World while watching the "Good Morning" parade. I was a babbling brook and i blamed it on pms at the time. All i could think of was how happy the kids who got to ride the train and open the gates were and how they'd have that memory for the rest of their life.

This memorial day was pretty much the same thing, only no mickey or minnie, just sailors & shiz...it was more like a "Good Mourning" parade. I started thinking how every year, for as long as i can remember, on the last monday of every may, i sit in the same spot and watch different variations of the same parade. I used to sit in front of pizza hut & get carvel. Now we sit in front of the bmw dealerships and get slurpees form the 7/11. Everything in town can change, except the parade.
i really lost it when i saw this little boy holding up a "thank you" sign. Good thing i was wearing sunglasses so no one could see tears streaming down my sunburned face.
we came home and had a small bbq. this picture makes me know everything will be ok no matter how bad things could ever get.

No comments: