Thursday, May 1, 2008

happy birthday to my best friend

i can officially say i've known him for half my life. Today the only boy that's never broken my heart & always loved me turned 12. This may be the creepiest blog post ever, but i dedicate it to my cat, Basil.
my Nana got me Basil for my 12th birthday bc our cats kept dieing of weird diseases. She told me she was going to get be a purebred cat that wouldn't come with any diseases - like kitty aids or leukemia. So, i got out the cat books and decided which breed i wanted. Originally it was a Scottish Fold bc they're scottish & like to swim and so am i (i'm wearing our swim team shirt in that pic up there - i still have it - actually what's more scary? this blog or having a shirt for 12 years?). Anyway, i think i was teetering between a Scottish Fold & a Siamese when i decided i'd get a Siamese bc they have blue eyes (like me) and kind of look like Casper - which i was obsessed with at the time. In fact, Basil's name was supposed to be Casper, but since he was show cat material, the breeder said that wasn't a proper name.

happy birthday to the best cat in the world!

No comments: