Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Say Goodnight and Go

I'm not really quite sure why, but I've been referencing Big Fish a lot lately. So, after not watching it for 6 years, my good friend & mentor, Alan, was nice enough to lend me his copy. My favorite scene has always been the one where Ewan McGregor ends up in Spectre and those lights are strung across the grass. It's kind of like perfection of imagination come to life. When I'm no longer singing "Single Ladies," and I'm planning my wedding, I'd love for the reception to look like this.

Stupid picture of me because I was in the mood to post it. Blah blah blah moving on.

I had so much fun hanging out w/Trae on Friday night. Before we went out, I made a huge Shrimp & Grits dinner for everyone and exchanged "Remember that one time in Oneonta..." stories. Highlights of select convos went something like "Um, yes you made out with him, too" "No one tells Ali anything till days after it happens" "hahaha yea, and she hid him in her bedroom" "I know you...you're that kid with the backpack" "I miss the NCP parties." I really wish we could find that quote book....Once we were unleashed on Bell, it was just like old times: drinking, dancing, making friends with strangers, & opening the doors and taking pictures of guys inside the men's room. Surprise! Here are some pics of me & Trae for comparison. Look how much we've grown up. The top is from Junior year of college, I think that was a night we shot gunned beers, ate matzoh and pretended to celebrate passover. Who misses Blashley and those bangs?

Speaking of growing up, I did something I consider terribly frightening and very adultish.... On Sunday night, I went to the movies all by myself. This is a huge thing for me. I'm usually scared of the stares one receives for doing things alone, but apparently as I get older, I'm getting over that fear. Horray for me! Maybe one day zombies won't scare me as much either, but for now those pains in the ass will continue to haunt and ruin my Jason Segel dreams. sigh.

Six Flags tomorrow!

<3

No comments: