Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Summer Nights Are Dead

craziest week ever.
  • monday i went to my friend Rae's bday party @ a cute lil bar on Waverly. I think i'd like to go back there and try a drink. They looked intense but bc i caught the plague, i opted not to have one and save my energy for the following night. sorry girl!
  • tuesday was 3OH!3. I got to have many a hoegaardens before cutting a rug @ the show, which made me a very happy girl. I love the first sip of a hoegaarden. It's like kissing a boyfriend after not seeing him for a few weeks. Anyway, I don't think I've bounced (like my pants had the hick ups) at a show like that since i was 17. I wish the Boston girls could have joined our dance party.
  • last night was TAI/WTK. Like 3OH!3, it was the first time i had seen these guys play since warped. That's where these pictures are from. I wasn't so fond of the smell of hotdogs Roseland had goin on, but it was nice to see lots of faces that had been away for so long.
  • tonight midnight showing of Twilight. I am either going to miserable bc i'm the oldest person in the theatre and i'm cranky bc i'm tired OR miserable bc i'm "bitter" and Smyers sucks...(pun intended?)
  • tomorrow night is the Islander/Devils game. The Devils are going down. And so is it Whit. Then he'll have to do something worse then drinking Fruit Punch & Cotton Candy. Any suggestions?
  • saturday is ETID & The Bronx. I'm going to punch someone in the face.
  • sunday i'm going to see the Radio City Christmas Show for the first time since I was like 12. I can't wait for them to bring that camel out on stage. That's my favorite part. That, and when the little snowmen ice skate. $10 says I cry.
Lots of other stuff has been happening too. Two long weeks ago, Shana & I went up to Boston to visit the lovely Laura, Aleena & Leah. So much fun. Piano Bar is insane and i finally got to see the holy grail of beerness - the Sam Adams Brewery. i bought the best gloves ever there - they have a special grip so i can still hold an ice cold beer but keep my hands all toasty & warm.

Also, Alan finally came back. He'd be gone since June so it was so so so so so nice to sit down and talk to him for a while. He made my heart smile.

As much as i'm kinda hate the cold (i feel i met my quota of harsh winters in college) i LOVE winter activities - ginger bread houses, ice skating, christmas, the whole shebang. Things i want to do this winter include, but are not limited to:
  • going to the Bronx Zoo during the holiday season - i've done this before & got my face painted w/a flock of zebras running across. it was theee coolest.
  • iceskating @ bryant park or south street seaport
  • put the christmas lights up with my dad
  • see the icecapades - it's going to be a good one this year
  • tailgate 20 billion hockey games
  • have a nice wormers afternoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just thought to check up on your blog! we should go to that bar when we're both not having the plague and have drinks, they are yummy! and let's do bryant park sometime soon, last year I went will paul and he almost fell A LOT.

(I don't have any sort of identity that works on this system except my AIM, lol)

- Rae