Thursday, September 18, 2008

i don't want to be an old man anymore

Ok so after a case of the sads/really bad PMS i had an epiphany while listening to "The Good Life" by Weezer last Saturday - how indie of me. i decided i had to leave my pity party (no matter how much cake was served) and couldn't lock myself in my room and stay in bed all day on the weekends anymore.

I had a lot of shit going on, got too focused on things i no longer had, how so many things changed in such a short period of time (i do not deal with change well - so sue a bitch) and was thinking about all the stuff i missed really bad, like:
  • the summer of 07 and how things used to be
  • my friends that have moved away and haven't seen in a long time
  • the hamptons
  • prank phone calls
and i realized that it's ok to miss things, but you can't dwell, because then you'll get caught by this undercurrent of shit, and you'll start to drown. Luckily i'm a strong swimmer. So i started listening to a lot of Jimmy Eat World and thinking about all the great things/memories that happened this summer that made me happy, like:
  • aruba, texas, and tour
  • new friends and being with people who put a smile on my face
  • really good old friends that will show up at my house on the day of a hurricane with mudslide mix and movies and stay in bed with me all day to cheer me up
  • the Twilight bookclub and the Mothers Day youtube video haha

and what i have to look forward to in the fall, like:
  • Boston next weekend
  • hoodie weather
  • all my friends that will be swinging through NY soon
  • adventures
  • a new season of Ghost Whisperer
I guess what i'm trying to say is, i'm much better and thank you for being patient with me.

Speaking of patients...i went and got my eyes examined today. looks like i'll be wearing bitchin driving glasses from now on. sweeeeeeeet. i got my pupils dilated. it may have been one of the weirdest/scariest things ever and looked like Puss In Boots from Shrek. Not being able to read anything on my blackberry was frightening!

ok i think that's all i got for you. here are pics from the south street seaport a couple weeks ago.

No comments: